How to Setup Yahoo Mail on iPhone:Yahoo is one of the importance faces of the email industry because it was one among the first few email providers to carry away the internet world by storm. Even prior to the introduction of new and advanced email servers, this name had been the leader in the business. With the recent advancements in mobile technology, it’s become common for email users to sync their accounts on their smartphones so that they can have access to their emails always. The same is the case with Yahoo as well. People look for ways to perform Yahoo Login from their smartphones.
In the last few years, Apple’s iPhones have earned a lot of popularity and boasts of a vast range of users. This is why it’s common to see many users trying to learn how to set up their iPhone to work with Yahoo login. Yahoo Mail app is an option that’s available to do this. If not, you can try the other manual ways. Though it’s possible to use IMAP or POP3 to set up the account, IMAP is a more efficient way to do it. Here’s how to set up your Yahoo account on iPhone using IMAP.
Steps to Yahoo Mail on iPhone/iPad:
Follow this simple stepwise process to set up your Yahoo account on your Apple smartphone.
- Select Settings from the home screen of your device.
- Click on Mail > Contacts > Calendars
- Select Add Account in the Accounts option.
- Select the type of your email account. To set up your email to function with IMAP, select ‘Other’.
- Under the Mail option, choose Add Mail Account.
- Enter the details that it prompts you to enter (Name, Address, Password, and Description). Here, you will have to enter your name, Yahoo email address, Yahoo password, and enter your mail description. Now, click on Next.
- Choose IMAP. Get Steps on how to recover Forgot Yahoo Password
- On the screen that follows, key in your Incoming Mail Server. You will need to enter the Host Name (imap.mail.yahoo.com), User Name (username for Yahoo mail), and Password (password for Yahoo mail). Click on Next.
- On the next screen, key in your Outgoing Mail Server by entering the Host Name (smtp.mail.yahoo.com). Optionally, you can also enter the User Name (username for Yahoo mail) and Password (password for Yahoo mail). Click on Next. Remember that the outgoing mail server needs verification with the same username and password that was used for the incoming mail server.
- Now, you will get to see your Apple device display ‘Verifying’ as it tries to link to the Yahoo.com Mail servers. Once the process is completed, it will show a screen with the name IMAP.
- Choose your Notes as well as Mail. Click on Save.
That’s it! You can now start checking your Yahoo emails right on your iPhone. If you get stuck up anywhere in between the process or have any other doubt regarding Yahoo Mail on iPhone setup, do drop your queries in the comments section below.